‘Eton Institute FZ-LLC’ (we, us, are) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This etoninstitute.com website is owned and operated by Eton Institute.
Headquarters: Dubai Knowledge Park, Block 3
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- We collect personal information from you when you register on our website, contact us by telephone, by email or when you fill out a registration form in person.
- We collect the following information when you register or submit an enquiry on our website or fill in a physical registration form – first name,last name, email, phone number, nationality, city you would like to study in, your organization name (if applicable).
- If you register for a standardized test (e.g. IELTS, Cambridge English, DELE) the following information is required – first name, last name, phone number, email, gender, date of birth and a copy of your passport or Emirates ID.
- If you register for a CELTA course, the following information is required – first name, last name, phone number, email, nationality, date of birth and place of birth
If you purchase a product from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialize in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- To fulfill any agreement we have with you, including booking your course or booking an exam, confirming your schedule, contacting you if there are changes to your course schedule, and responding to your enquires or requests.
- To keep you informed about our products and services, special offers and events. You can unsubscribe from these platforms at any time by clicking here
- To notify you about changes or updates to Eton Institute and other products and services
- In order to conduct customer satisfaction surveys to get feedback on the quality of our products and services and ways to improve them
- To allow you to take part in any promotional offers, prize draws and competitions that you have volunteered to take part in
- Comply with our legal obligations and administrative purposes including accounting, billing and auditing
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Eton Institute will retain customer data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, the legal or business purposes of Eton Institute, or as required by relevant laws.
We also retain your information to make your future interactions with us convenient and to personalize communication and the products and services offered to you.
UPDATING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you are concerned that any information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, please contact us. These rights are without prejudice to any legal rights you may have in applicable laws.
LIVE CHAT SERVICE
We use a third-party provider,LiveAdmins DMCC, to supply and support our live chat service, which we use to handle customer enquiries in real time. If you use the live chat service on our website we will collect your name, email address, city of residence and the contents of your live chat session.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In compliance with GDPR, you have the right to access personal information we keep about you, whether the data is being processed, and supplement information about the processing. All requests must be made in writing. To request a copy please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: your name, detail of your request and any details which may help us locate the information which is the subject of your request. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity. Requests will be processed within 30 days.
There may be a reasonable administrative-cost fee, for some requests, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We invest significant resources in maintaining the security and confidentiality of personal information.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us, to prevent unauthorized access to that information. Customer data are stored in our secure server which requires security authentication to access
- Our websites are secured using an SSL Certificate. It secure’s all data as it is passed from your browser to our website’s server. Nevertheless there is no transfer method via the internet and no method of electronic storage which is 100% safe. We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose to us by email or online
- Stored data on our internal systems are protected via firewall. Access is only given to specific users via access control both on ‘user level’ and ‘network level’
- By visiting the etoninstitute.com website you agree and consent that we and third parties can store and access IP addresses, cookies, and use other tracking methods to collect aggregated data about website usage.
- A visit to a page on the Eton Institute’s website may generate the following types of cookie: site performance cookies, analytics cookies and advertising cookies
- Modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. You can set your browsers or devices to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time.
TO WHOM DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Eton Institute will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
- To third party advertising and social media platforms to provide personalized advertising
- Law enforcement or governmental organizations where we are required to do so by any applicable law
- Your friend, if you make a “refer a friend” request or similar
- If you have enrolled in our courses through your organization, we will share your data, course attendance and test results with your employer upon their request
- If you have purchased an online self-study course powered by Learningonline.xyz, your personal information will be shared with them in order to activate your account, provide you with technical support and to keep you informed about product updates
- If you register for a standardized test (e.g. IELTS, Cambridge English, DELE) the following information is provided to the language qualification exam; first name, data of birth, gender and copy of your passport or Emirates ID.
Eton Institute does not solicit personal information from children. You must be 13 years or older to use this site. Eton Institute does not knowingly collect personal data from minors or allows them to register.
We may change this policy from time to time without notice and the updated version will be posted on this page. Please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re aware of the changes.